Have you recently bought a baby walker for your little one but could not adjust the proper height of the walker? If you are striving with this difficulty, this article is for you. In this article, I am going to discuss how to adjust baby walker height effectively.
There’s nothing more ecstatic than seeing your baby grow. When the baby takes little steps, it becomes a joyful moment for the parents. But it also becomes a matter of concern for the parents. So, most of the parents look for a baby walker as an assistant for their little one. But some parents can’t adjust the baby walker height properly. Because all babies don’t have a similar height. Some babies have extra growth. As a result, if you can’t adjust the walker’s height nicely, it can cause a severe accident.
Therefore, in this article, I will discuss how to adjust baby walker height in the most comprehensive way. If you don’t want to miss any information, keep reading this article.
What is a baby walker?
A baby walker is a tool to help infants to improve their walking abilities. A baby walker generally features a hard plastic base on top of the wheels and a seat with two leg holes. The baby can walk with the help of a walker while being stuck with the walker to prevent a further accident. The device is most suitable for babies who have recently started walking. A baby aged from 4months to 16 months can easily use a baby walker.
Benefits of a baby walker:
- Babies are impatient to explore their circumstances. A walker offers them greater mobility with enough safety measures.
- A baby walker cheers up the babies to put forward the steps that eventually help them walk unaided.
- Most baby walkers come with interesting designs and a handful of toys to keep them engaging and busy with those toys.
- The parents don’t need to waste much time to learn the baby walking.
Why the perfect height of the baby walker is important?
One of the most important things while adjusting a baby walker is its height. If the parents set the walker too high for the baby, the baby can make a bad walking habit. Because at that time, the baby will get used to walking with its toe. On the other hand, if it’s too low, it can create pressure on the baby’s legs. Moreover, due to the lower height setting, the baby can get stumble while walking. It can cause leg pain. That’s why the proper height adjustment is an unavoidable thing to consider.
How to adjust baby walker height?
Nowadays, most baby walkers come with various height adjustment advantages. So that, the parents can set the desired and appropriate height for their babies. However, the common mechanism to adjust the height of a baby walker is mentioned below:
Since all the parts and other tools come with the main body, you don’t need any extra tools to do this task.
Process of the height adjustment:
- The locking device is situated on the underside of the top tray. Push the primary lock forward
- Push the secondary lock-in
- Select the desired height for the walker
- Then release the secondary lock
- Pull the primary lock back towards you to secure the walker into the new height
- To close the walker doesn’t allow the mechanism to close into a notch but to slide shut together in a downward motion.
Safety tips for a baby walker:
- Always use the walker on the plain surface.
- Never use the walker around the stairs.
- Make sure that the locking mechanisms work nicely and are beyond the baby’s reach.
- Make sure metal parts are even and are free from sharp corners.
- Do not buy a baby walker if it has holes that could trap a baby’s fingers or toes.
- Block access to dangers like steps and heaters.
- Keep a bird’s eye on the baby while it is on the walker. It would be best to keep the baby within arm’s reach.
- If you are using a second-hand baby walker, search for signs of wear and tear. If the parents find any defect, they should solve that immediately before putting the baby into the walker.
Usually, almost all baby walkers for tall babies are the same. These walkers are perfect for babies from 32 to 33 inches. But all walkers do not feature the same height capacity. Therefore, parents can search for the highest height capacity of a walker while buying them.
There is no standard measure in this regard. The walker should reach up to the baby’s chest level, not more than the chest level. On the other hand, make sure your baby’s knees are bent at 90 degrees and both feet completely flat on the floor. If their toes touch the floor, don’t use that walker at that time and wait for the baby to grow a bit more.
It is convenient to keep the baby in the walker for 15 minutes. Otherwise, the baby will become accustomed to the walker and will not want to walk without the walker due to the habit.
It is wholesome to follow the weight limit mentioned in the manual guidance of the baby walker. Weight is one of the crucial factors when it comes to a baby walker. A baby walker normally can support a weight of between 15 to 25 pounds. Try not to put overweight on the walker. Otherwise, the seat can tear down that can lead the baby to injury.
There are a number of baby walkers available in the market that feature height adjustability. Among them, the most prominent ones may include Joovy 120 Spoon Walker, Baby Joy Baby Walker, Safety 1st Ready Developmental Walker, Kolcraft Tiny Steps Infant & Baby Walker, Disney Winnie The Pooh Music, and Lights Walker, Circular 8-Wheeled Walker, and so on.
There is no doubt a baby walker is a game-changer for the parents whose babies are just starting walking. But it is beneficial not to let your baby get habituated with it. Parents should always maintain some things into consideration while their babies are in the walker. Never let the baby unnoticed while it is on the walker. According to a study in the journal Pediatrics, between 1990 and 2014, more than 230,000 babies less than 15 months of age suffered from injuries related to walkers.
Among them, the height issue was one of the dominating factors. If the parents still prefer to use a baby walker, make sure you have set the walker perfectly. Let’s not forget to maintain other safety tips and maintenance of the walker.
In this article, I have tried to provide detailed instructions on how to adjust baby walker height comprehensively and effectively. Along with it, I have mentioned some safety tips to prevent accidents. I hope you have found this article helpful and effective.