Have you recently bought a baby walker for your little one but could not adjust the proper height of the walker? If you are striving with this difficulty, this article is for you. In this article, I am going to discuss how to adjust baby walker height effectively.
There’s nothing more ecstatic than seeing your baby grow. When the baby takes little steps, it becomes a joyful moment for the parents. But it also becomes a matter of concern for the parents. So, most parents look for a baby walker as an assistant for their little one. But some parents can’t adjust the baby walker height properly. Because all babies don’t have a similar height. Some babies have extra growth. As a result, if you can’t adjust the walker’s height nicely, it can cause a severe accident.
Therefore, in this article, I will discuss how to adjust baby walker height in the most comprehensive way. If you don’t want to miss any information, keep reading this article.
- What is a baby walker?
- Best Baby walker based on adjustable hight
- Benefits of a baby walker:
- Why the perfect height of the baby walker is important?
- How to adjust the baby walker height?
What is a baby walker?
A baby walker is a tool to help infants to improve their walking abilities. A baby walker generally features a hard plastic base on top of the wheels and a seat with two leg holes. The baby can walk with the help of a walker while being stuck with the walker to prevent a further accident. The device is most suitable for babies who have recently started walking. A baby aged from 4 months to 16 months can easily use a baby walker.
Best Baby walker based on adjustable hight
- Tiny Love 4-in-1 Here I Grow Mobile Activity Center, Meadow Days
- Joovy Spoon Walker, Adjustable Baby Walker, Activity Center, Charcoal
- FKYUYU Folding Toddler Walker for Baby
Benefits of a baby walker:
- Babies are impatient to explore their circumstances. A walker offers them greater mobility with enough safety measures.
- A baby walker cheers up the babies to put forward the steps that eventually help them walk unaided.
- Most baby walkers come with interesting designs and a handful of toys to keep them engaging and busy with those toys.
- The parents don’t need to waste much time learning the baby to walk.
Why the perfect height of the baby walker is important?
One of the most important things while adjusting a baby walker is its height. If the parents set the walker too high for the baby, the baby can make a bad walking habit. Because at that time, the baby will get used to walking with its toe. On the other hand, if it’s too low, it can create pressure on the baby’s legs. Moreover, due to the lower height setting, the baby can get stumble while walking. It can cause leg pain. That’s why the proper height adjustment is an unavoidable thing to consider.
How to adjust the baby walker height?
Nowadays, most baby walkers come with various height adjustment advantages. So that, the parents can set the desired and appropriate height for their babies. However, the common mechanism to adjust the height of a baby walker is mentioned below:
Since all the parts and other tools come with the main body, you don’t need any extra tools to do this task.
Process of the height adjustment:
- The locking device is situated on the underside of the top tray. Push the primary lock forward
- Push the secondary lock-in
- Select the desired height for the walker
- Then release the secondary lock
- Pull the primary lock back towards you to secure the walker into the new height
- To close the walker doesn’t allow the mechanism to close into a notch but to slide shut together in a downward motion.
Safety tips for a baby walker:
- Always use the walker on the plain surface.
- Never use the walker around the stairs.
- Make sure that the locking mechanisms work nicely and are beyond the baby’s reach.
- Make sure metal parts are even and free from sharp corners.
- Do not buy a baby walker if it has holes that could trap a baby’s fingers or toes.
- Block access to dangers like steps and heaters.
- Keep a bird’s eye on the baby while it is on the walker. It would be best to keep the baby within arm’s reach.
- If you are using a second-hand baby walker, search for signs of wear and tear. If the parents find any defect, they should solve that immediately before putting the baby into the walker.