Are you a new parent worried about all the new responsibilities that come with the baby? Well, parenting is not always about playdates and warm cuddles. There will be times when you may feel a little bit breathless with all the carrying and late nights.
Back when I was a child, the only way kids were carried was by arms. Going out with a baby was a nightmare then, especially shopping.
Wondering about a way to end such distress? Infantino, as a brand, has been working hard by coming up with the latest baby carriages for all the parents out there. Here is some sneak peeks into Infantino roam ergonomic carrier reviews.
- Reviews of top 10 baby carriers
- 1. Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier:
- 2. Infantino Cuddle Up Carrier:
- 3. Infantino Carry On Carrier:
- 4. Infantino Swift Classic Carrier:
- 5. YOU+ME 4-in-1 Ergonomic Baby Carrier:
- 6. Bebamour New Style Designer Sling and Baby Carrier:
- 7. Infantino Together Pull-on Knit Carrier:
- 8. Infantino Go Forward Evolved Carrier:
- 9. Ergonomic 360°Baby Soft Carrier:
- 10. Bebamour Baby Carrier with Hip Seat:
What is an ergonomic baby carrier?
The ergonomic ERGO BABY CARRIER backpack is designed for carrying children weighing from 7 to 18 kg.
It’s perfect For newborn babies (from 3.5 kg) up to 3 – 6 months (up to 6.5 kg, height up to 70 cm) there is a special additional HEART2HEART insert. Using the insert, you can carry the child pressed against the body of an adult with legs wide apart for the prevention and treatment of hip dysplasia. A horizontal position is also possible.
It is important to take into account the child’s height – Ergo Baby’s backpack is well suited for children up to 90 cm tall. When a child grows from 90 cm, the back of the backpack may be short (depending on the child’s physique) and will not allow it to be pulled as tightly as the parent and child need for comfortable and safe wearing.
Reviews of top 10 baby carriers
1. Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier:
This one can take any baby from 8-32pounds can sit in the carrier both facing in and facing out. They can even be carried on the back by converting the sit and strap positions.
The Infantino Flip 4-in-1 convertible carrier comes with shoulder and hip straps which are padded to transfer the baby’s weight through the hip and make it more comfortable.
2. Infantino Cuddle Up Carrier:
This one from Infantino has incorporated a little less movement but a little more warmth for the baby. The carrier can be used in two ways- facing in on the front and at the back.
It comes with an extra removable bear hoody that can be customized according to preference. There is also a hand pouch attached with the carrier for parents.
3. Infantino Carry On Carrier:
It comes with all the regular features of any Infantino ergonomic baby carrier, such as the four in one version. It has the same facing in and out at both front and back facility while supporting the baby legs in M position.
Adding some cherries on top, it comes with six expandible pockets that support a larger baby and helps put baby accessories inside them.
4. Infantino Swift Classic Carrier:
The Infantino carrier has tried to incorporate all their unique features in this ergo carrier but insufficiency. Although it does not have the backpack feature, the back strap adjustment is more comfortable than the previous ones.
The baby can sit facing in and out on the front only. It comes with an extra pocket for quick essentials and a front cover to protect it from drools.
5. YOU+ME 4-in-1 Ergonomic Baby Carrier:
Steering the wheel away from something different than Infantino, the You Me ergonomic toddler carrier has done a pretty good job with its comfortable seat and straps. It is suitable for babies from 8-32lbs and fits all sizes of parents.
It comes with a fashionable black bandanna bib that can be used both with and without the carriage. All these are introduced with cool 3D mesh to keep the baby cold even in hot summer.
6. Bebamour New Style Designer Sling and Baby Carrier:
If you want everything from one single carrier for the money, this one is just for you. It can be used in six different ways by removing the carrier from the hip seat. Although it depends on the kid’s age and comfort, it is suitable for plus-sized parents.
It comes with two extra bibs and a padded hip seat that are removable according to preference. It is a baby carrier backpack that helps the parents multi functionally.
7. Infantino Together Pull-on Knit Carrier:
If you are tired of all the straps and buckles, this knit carrier is just for you. With an easy usage process, it assists with cuddling the baby even closer. It may not have fancy pockets or bibs, but it helps to maintain the baby’s privacy.
8. Infantino Go Forward Evolved Carrier:
It is furnished with all the regular facilities an Infantino carrier provides to both the baby and the parents. The four-in-one feature helps the baby to face in and out on both front and back.
It also has a larger lumber strap to make the parent more comfortable.
9. Ergonomic 360°Baby Soft Carrier:
This one is from Glisoo, which acts not only as a carrier but helps as a breastfeeding sling. You can put your baby in the carrier in front facing in and out, at the back. You can also put the baby in a feeding position when needed without any discomfort.
The material is plushy and breathable that regulates the temperature to keep the baby calm.
10. Bebamour Baby Carrier with Hip Seat:
It is a catchy eye carrier that holds the baby is facing in, facing out, and in backpack position. The best part is that it comes with a meshwork fabric hip seat, which can carry the baby even without the carrier.
The entire product is designed with cotton that ensures more breathability than regular carriers.
How to choose a coolest baby carrier
The first backpacks for carrying babies appeared in the 90s. They were made of belts that fasten the baby to the parent.
These are the well-known kangaroo backpacks. Today they have changed somewhat, become more comfortable, support the back and head of the child.
The kangaroo backpack allows you to carry the baby both facing you and away from you so that the baby can see everything that is happening around you.
However, many pediatricians consider a kangaroo not a physiological and not a useful position for a child, which puts a lot of stress on the fragile spine. Doctors recommend using them only when the child is already standing on his own.
Taking into account the disadvantages of kangaroos, manufacturers began to create infantino roam ergonomic carriers. Many modern mothers choose this type of carrier. It can be used from birth.
In an ergo backpack, the child sits facing the parent, his legs are wide apart. Such a coolest baby carrier backpack has a wide belt and shoulder straps so that the child’s weight is evenly distributed.
The back is made of soft fabric. Of the minuses – carrying the baby facing away from you in such a carrier will not work.
When choosing a kangaroo backpack or an ergonomic backpack for a child, there are several points to consider.
- Belts should be equipped with soft inserts so as not to chafe the skin. Also, they must be durable and reliable – this is a guarantee of the baby’s safety.
- Adjusting and fastening the belts should be intuitive and simple, otherwise, the moment of putting on the backpack will be stressful for both the parent and the child.
- A useful option for newborns is the presence of a recumbent position.
- The material of the backpack should be evaluated. It should not stain the skin or cause allergic reactions. For the summer period, preference should be given to natural breathable fabrics.
- The backpack can be equipped with a hood that fits over the child’s head. Convenient for sun and rain protection.
- It will not be superfluous to have a nipple mount or toys for the baby.
What carriers are available for children?
At the moment, the modern world offers a large selection of various carriers for children, among which each of the models has its own pros and cons.
- A sling (ring sling, sling scarf, sling pocket or tube, and may sling) is a carrier for newborn babies, also known by another name as a baby sling.
- Kangaroo – A kangaroo is like a backpack with two wide shoulder straps, in which you can carry children vertically or horizontally. Everything will depend on the model you choose.
- The Ergo backpack is a special carrying option for children, which involves the prevention of the child’s hip joints, which is very useful for him.
- A hipseat is a belt with a seat in which a child is put. The seat itself is attached to the mother’s waist and the entire weight of the baby and the carrier itself is distributed correctly and evenly.
What is the best carrier and at what age?
If I speak about carrying kangaroo, then it can be worn not often and not for long, because it is intended for not heavy children, up to 8 kg, and hangs quite low, which is not always convenient for movement.
- Sling, of any type, can be used for children from birth to 2 years old. This is quite an optimal and very good choice, where the child’s weight is distributed correctly, does not greatly affect the spine and lower back of the mother, and does not press or cut into the skin.
- The hip seat can be used to carry the baby around the house, which will be quite convenient and comfortable.
- Ergo backpack is used for long trips, for example, for a walk on the street or groceries in the store.
Things to look for
Purchasing a carriage can be hectic if you want to ensure both the mom and baby’s coziness. Here are some of the points to put a tick mark on before getting your hands on an Infantino roam ergonomic carrier:
Comfort: The fundamental point of having a carrier is to ensure deference to the baby and the parent. Make sure to go with the product that ensures the highest point in this regard. These include having padded straps, so they do no cut on the shoulder, breathable mesh on the seater to keep the baby temperature controlled, etc.
If the baby starts crying right after putting a carrier on or if you see a bluish leg after using it, that product is a no-no. The straps are tight enough to hurt the soft skins of the little one.
Application: Although it is suggested to put on a carrier with a partner’s help, there are emergencies when you may need to do it all by yourself. It is better to go with a carrier with an easy strap-buckle controlling system rather than an intricated one.
Support: A carrier always has to support the neck and hip of the baby properly to support healthy growth. Since babies are put in a carrier during growing age, a carrier must be stretchable to uplift that. Make certain of buying a carrier that maintains the knee position higher than the hip.
The head is better to stay in closer proximity with the mom than being dependent on the carrier.
Other accessories: A carrier may come with many extra details that may make it even more useful than the ones that do not. Here are some of those:
- Pockets: Carrying a baby with a carrier may become heavy since it is extra weight. In this case, you may want to keep your hands free from all the baby products. Carriers with pockets are such a lifesaver in this regard.
- Removable bibs: Most babies with a natural habit of drooling on clothes or other surfaces keep their head-on. It is not only unhygienic but also may get stubborn to get rid of the stain. Some carriers come with extra bibs that help with this.
Frequently asked questions
Parents are congenitally prone to be curious about every bit and piece of stuff their babies use. Here I will be clearing out the air regarding some of the questions after going through the Infantino roam ergonomic carrier reviews.
All of them are designed to reduce the burden on a parent’s shoulder as much as possible. It is the same when that comes down to the cleaning process. All the Infantino carriers are machine and hand washable with any type of detergent. The only maintainable caution is to never breach any of them.
Hip dysplasia or hip dislocation is mainly a congenital problem in kids with a dislocated hip joint. It may also be developed over time if a baby is uncomfortably put in a carrier. Carriers that force to keep the hips together generate such problems in children.
Make sure to keep the baby knees apart while putting them on a carrier. It has to be applied so that the carrier does not hinder the growth of the baby.
This is often seen many times around us, but that is not practically safe. It is recommended to never let the baby sleep while they are in a carrier or sling. The reason behind it is suffocation. Most times, these structures are made to keep the baby near the mom.
But while they are sleeping, the carrier may feel too much, and the baby may feel suffocated. Even in situations when they fall asleep in it, gently bring them out of the carrier and put them somewhere breathable enough while sleeping.
Ergo backpack for newborns is packed complete with instructions and rules for use, which must be strictly adhered to.
Brief operating instructions for the ergo backpack:
1. The carrier belt is put on first under the waist. The fastening must ensure a reliable and tight fixation of the ergo-backpack to the mother.
2. All models, produced according to European quality standards, have special semi-automatic fastex fasteners, with the help of which the belts are conveniently tightened in the required position.
3. Fastex locks are also used to adjust the straps – ideal for quickly adjusting the carrier to the parameters of an adult and a child.
4. Then you can place the child, observing the natural position of the body in accordance with the age. Use the newborn tab if necessary.
The best and easiest way to buy something online is to search through the internet properly. It is no exception even while getting a simple baby carrier. To know how efficient a baby carrier is, what can be a better way than going through the Infantino roam ergonomic carrier reviews?
These reviews will help with the decision of finding out the best and the worst among many other brands with their products. The ultimate goal of this article is to satisfy the pleasant need of both the baby and the mom.
Hopefully, getting what is right and cozy for your baby will never be a hustle ever again.